Thursday, April 30, 2009

Welcome Call Agent?

Over the past week, I was out of town but was contacted by a "Welcome Call Agent" at ResortCom.


Hi,
My name is Rita and I have been trying to reach you. If you could please call me at 1-866-891-4579 Ext 1675

Thank you,

Rita Barron
Welcome Call Agent

ResortCom International
404 Camino del Rio South
Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92108
Phone: (619) 683 2470 ext 1675
Fax: (619) 683 2077
Email: ritab@resortcom.com

I replied back:

Dear Rita,

Thank you for contacting me. I have received a bill from ResortCom, however I will not be paying the balance as the contract is still in dispute. I have been in contact with Dulce Calleros from Playa Grande as well as Diane Wilson from ResortCom and they are familiar with the case. We canceled the contract on February 8, 2009 yet Dulce claims that our right to rescission ended on February 6, 2009. We have contacted and filed a complaint with PROFECO, the Mexican consumer protection agency. PROFECO confirmed with us that our right to cancel ends on February 9, 2009 as you can see from the attached email. PROFECO has received and analyzed our documentation and will have a hearing soon. In sumary, PROFECO agrees that we canceled the contract within the 5 business days allowed by Mexican law.

Regards,
X and Y

2 comments:

  1. Where is this 5 business days stated in the contract? I'm going through a cancellation nightmare now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's intentionally left out of the contract to prevent you from learning about your rights. Take a look at this publication from PROFECO.

      Delete